Interlocking Ipe Wood TilesSnap together Ipe wood deck tiles for easy wood decks
Quickly transform drab, cracked concrete surfaces into a stunning wood deck you can enjoy year after year for relaxation and entertaining. SwiftDeck interlocking wood tiles are specifically designed for do-it-yourself installation and since they incorporate connecting tabs on all four sides to securely lock each tile to its neighbor, you don’t need any special tools, adhesives, nails or screws for installation. The special interlocking tabs ensure that each tile is perfectly spaced and accurately aligned, without frustration or undue effort.
SwiftDeck Ipe wood interlocking deck tiles simply snap together over existing concrete or other hard surfaces to create an instant durable outdoor floor on your patio, balcony, veranda, rooftop or terrace. The free draining, inbuilt plastic grid base enables the deck surface to dry quickly and ensures that any rainwater drains away rapidly under each tile.
Specifications & Characteristics of Ipe Wood
We exclusively use Ipe wood to construct SwiftDeck deck tiles. This wood species is widely recognized as one of the most durable wood species commercially available with a life of more than 20 years in exterior exposed conditions. Because of its outstanding hardness, durability and resistance to twisting and warping, it is very commonly used for commercial decking and boardwalks.
Ipe wood weathers gradually to a soft, silvery grey color but unlike many other wood species, the weathered surface will remain hard and smooth for many years without splintering.
- Botanical name – Tabebuia sp.
- Reddish brown color, but can vary from olive brown to blackish, often with lighter or darker striping
- Exceptionally hard and dense (Janka 3680)
- Eight times harder than Californian Redwood
- Highly resistant to termites, decay and mold (rated Class 1 – extremely durable)
- 3-5 times the life time of most other decking materials (25+ year lifetime)
- Resistant to fire (rated Class A by NFPA)
- Weathers to a soft silvery grey, remaining smooth and splinter free
SwiftDeck interlocking decking tiles are designed specifically for laying directly over an existing hard, even surface such as concrete. They are not designed to be placed directly over wood bearers or used with pedestal systems since the plastic base is flexible in one direction.
However we also offer larger 24″ x 24″ non-interlocking structural Ipe wood tiles which can be laid on on adjustable height pedestals for rooftop decks or other elevated decking applications.
SwiftDeck Options & Tile Sizes
|Colorado & Sierra||Double-C|
|Tile size (covered area)||12″ x 12″||24″ x 12″|
|Tile Height (incl. base)||1 1/4″||1 1/4″|
|Tile Weight||3.4 lbs||6.8lbs|
|Packing||12 tiles per carton||6 tiles per carton|
|Carton Size||15″ x 13″ x 13″||24 1/2″ x 13″ x 8″|
|Carton Weight||43 lbs||43lb|
Edge Transition Pieces
- Clip to the edge of the outer row of tiles
- Provide a sloping transition to the sub-surface
- Hide the side view of the plastic base
- Gap under front lip ensures water drains away freely
Interlocking Plastic Base
- Symmetrical design permits easy installation and removal
- Tabs on all 4 sides lock tiles securely together
- Stainless steel screws attach base to wood slats
- Engineered to support over 2000 lb weight